Let’s never speak of that game ever again.
- The concert last night was great. I liked three out of the five bands opening, which I figure is pretty good. We missed most of The Common Kings because we were chilling with Jeff Czum at the merch table. (Apparently after my friend took a picture with him, she told him she loved him. I pointed out to her that he must have thought I was hotter, though, because he actually came out from behind the table and threw his arm around me and pulled me close for our picture. She told me to go screw myself, and I told her that by Tuesday Jeff can be all hers again. She realized that was true and dropped it.) CIWWAF played all my favorite songs, so, you know, life is good.
- I don’t really have any Sabres news to report other than Timmykins getting sent back down. Poor Timmykins! I’m kind of surprised; I thought this one would last longer. He had looked pretty good Saturday night. Oh well, maybe this means one of the boys will be coming back!
- Poor Jay McKee. I really hope they don’t have to chop off his finger. (Dear Jay, This is what you get for leaving Buffalo! With Love, Frostee)
- Before I left last night, I teased my mom telling her how she was probably going to just sit around watching the Capitals game without me. Well, apparently she did. (I was rather amused by this) I was helping her put groceries away a minute ago when suddenly she asked me, “Do you know how big Ovechkin is?” Frostee: ”6’2, 220 pounds.” Frostee’s Mom: ”Yeah!! I didn’t realize how big he was until one of the announcers said how his son wanted to meet him and when Alex hugged him, he engulfed him because he was so big.” Frostee: (whining) ”I wanna meet Alex!!! PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!! Get me in to meet Alex!! I really really really wanna!!!!!!” Frostee’s Mom: ”How am I supposed to get you in to meet him? I don’t announce for the Capitals.” Frostee: ”I don’t knooooowwwwww. Just do something.”
- So, I half-jokingly had been saying that today after I got my shot (it’s my last Gardasil and those always hurt like hell and therefore make me slighty…er…cranky) I was going to make my mom drive me downtown to keep me from getting annoying. Because is it just me, or does it seem like EVERY SINGLE TIME a Caps player has a funny story about something that happened with the team, they were always “on a road trip in Buffalo”? I was going to stake out all the hot spots and when he finally showed up (because I trust that Fate would send him walking right by me) I would ever so politely ask for a photograph. I wouldn’t even ask for an autograph on my jersey unless he had a minute to spare. Just a quick little picture. I can’t do that now, however, because my uncle decided to come in for my great-aunt’s funeral today and they’re all coming for dinner. Blast!
- Speaking of great-aunts and funerals, fortunately unfortunately for you, I have to go up north for it tomorrow so you’ll only get a short post from me. I’m sure you’re crushed that you won’t have to deal with approximately sixty, “OMG OMG OMG IDK WHAT TO WEAR OR WHAT TO DO WITH MY HAIR OR HOW TO STAND THERE OMG OMG OMG WHAT IF HE THINKS I’M A LOSERRR?” posts tomorrow, just one. We have to go all the way up to North Tonawanda for the funeral (but it was kind of a blessing that she passed, because she was in her nineties and was totally batshit crazy kind of confused in her later years. and I haven’t even seen her since I was eight), and then we’re just chilling at my grandparents’ until the game.
- At Town Ballroom last night when they were showing the upcoming shows, it kept advertising “Ryan Miller’s Catwalk for Charity.” I wasn’t quite sure why they did that, because 95% of the people there won’t even be old enough to get in.
- Good grief, Bills. At least that’s over.
Hello. As you know, I am a fairly new member. I joined the BBFA in September, and for several weeks I enjoyed being a member. However, after that shitfest disappointing game last night, I have decided to terminate my membership. I will always cherish my memories of this club, but being a member has become far too stressful. I would appreciate if you would remove me from the Association Directory and the mailing lists. Thank you.
This is all my fault. The hockey gods were mad at me for watching the Bills instead of the Senators/Penguins game, and now all of Buffalo has to suffer. I am so, so sorry, fans of Buffalo. I never wanted this to happen. Trent Edwards had stolen my heart, and now he has broken it. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I really hope that he can recover during the bye week and be ready to play in two weeks, but after seeing Tim Connolly, I have learned to fear concussions like the plague. This completely sucks. JP LOOSEMAN must be killed in his sleep. Who is he killing? This is all his fault. Forget that the rest of the offense was weak and the defense couldn’t stop the Cardinals. It’s all JP’s fault.
It doesn’t help that right before Trentykins (do you not LOVE my new pet name for him?) got hurt, one of our neighbors was telling me how she met him and his sister at a breast cancer benefit back during the summer, and apparently he is one of the nicest guys she has ever met. He was well-spoken, he a really nice conversation with her about his aunt (who always finishes breast cancer triathalons triatholons tri-atholons (how the HELL do you spell it?!?! I have no idea. Deal with it) last on purpose), and when she asked if JP was a good mentor to him, he laughed and said no. And, apparently he has really amazing eyes.
But now he is concussed, and the Pens lost, and the Sens are three points ahead of the Sabres, and they lost. It really wasn’t a shutout, but since the NHL has some loser rule that they don’t do video reviews in the preseason, Conk got a shutout. (Just for the record, Conk is SMOKING. I never really appreciated him when he was in Buffalo) I missed the second goal, but Crunchy did look kinda bad on the first one. And I did NOT see Henrik Zetterberg, which kinda pissed me off.
Whatevs. Family Guy at nine. School tomorrow. (Wait, that’s a bad thing. But it’s Spirit Week. But it’s still bad. Me no like school.)
P.S. Who wore the ‘C’ during the game? I couldn’t tell. I thought I saw an ‘A’ on Yo-yo, but I didn’t see a ‘C’.