Alex Ovechkin, Brian Campbell, John-Michael Liles, Jonathan Toews, Losing Sucks, Other Teams' Back-up Goalies Kind of Suck, Patrick Kane, Ryan Miller, Sidney Crosby, Twins Named Lundqvist, What Is Up With All These Injuries?, Winning Is Totally Awesome | Leave a comment
(Just in case you were wondering, we did end up getting the Flyers/Devils game. It kicked on about thirty seconds before puck drop)
- I seriously have a hockey hangover. It might not be as bad as the one I had after the Great Playoff Binge of ’08 (last spring, while my parents were at Shea’s seeing Jeff Dunham and my brother was spending the night at a friend’s, I literally watched hockey from seven at night till two in the morning. It was ridiculous), but it’s still there. Last night was intense.
- I have decided to file this post under every category I have that’s related to games, because I figured with all 30 teams playing last night, it would apply somewhere.
- Everybody keeps talking about how the Sabres lost 2-1 in the shootout last night, but I’m not sure where they’re getting that from. Uh, Fans of Buffalo? The Sabres won 1-0. Crunchy even got a shutout! (He was so obviously interfered with on that goal. Smyth lifted his stick right off the ground!)
- Um, who didn’t love that JM Liles interview? His smile is intense.
- Caps won! Woo!! Less than a week till I see Ovie!! But my parents decided to be totally mean and when they showed him sitting on the bench at the start of the game, and my dad announced that “He really is hideous.” But then he almost redeemed himself later, when after we learned that Ovie had fetched the puck for Fedorov after his goal, Dad decided that when he gave Sergei the puck he probably told him “Enjoy it, ’cause that puck is going to be mine pretty soon.”
- My mom thinks we are obnoxious when we watch hockey. She has no idea.
- Colorado must have a terrible penalty kill if they’re 39th in a league with 30 teams.
- Did anyone else catch when the announcers at the Detroit/Chicago game mentioned how great the tandem of KOEWS and TANE are? It was like earlier yesterday when I was talking about The Office and said something about “Pim and Jam.”
- When Brian Campbell did a spin-o-rama, I wanted to puke.
- We decided that we’re going to have to agree with the fans at the Rangers/Penguins game that Crosby does, in fact, suck. So do the Penguins.
- Henrik Lundqvist does not suck. Neither does Joel. *swoons*
- Philly fans are terrible. Would any other fans in the world throw a stink bomb/flare thing on the ice? I didn’t think so.
- Montreal lost in regulation. Ha!
- We actually did get Hockey Night in Canada at the Montreal feed, and were treated to Don Cherry. His blazer kind of gave me a headache.
- We have decided that Comcast is terrible at broadcasting sports. We kept trying to count the guys on the ice to see if anyone had a power play.
- I’m not a huge fan of the Winter Classic jerseys. But I love the looks on Koews and Tane Toews and Kane’s faces when they’re modeling them.